Prev: Re: [FT] FB3 QUESTION Next: Re: Active vs Passive

SV: [FT] Questions from a new-ish-bee

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:24:55 +0200
Subject: SV: [FT] Questions from a new-ish-bee

Charles Stanley Taylor wrote:

>Why are needle beams fixed mount?

Beats me. I tried to make Jon allow a 3-arc version at Mass 3 for FB1
(ie, same Mass progression as for Pulsers), but he didn't want that one
:-(

>On other subjects, looking at the Core Dystems optional rule - ships
>appear to have some type of auxillary bridge or similar backup system
>as standard

They do. Read the "Command Bridge Hit" description, for example: "...if
the roll is 1 to 5, then the ship is out of action for that number of
turns, until command can be restored through backoup links and
secondary command systems. ..." If you roll a 6, the secondary bridge
bought it too.

The same reasoning applies to the other Core Systems - eg, a successful
"repair" roll could mean that you got a damaged core under control, but
it could just as well mean that you fired up the secondary power
core... and a failed repair roll could mean that the secondary core had
already been destroyed when the primary went.

> <Ratty emulation mode ON>
>
>  in Fleet Book 2 - I cannot find the mass and points cost of
> either Stinger nodes or Pod launchers in the text describing them

I already posted errata on that (on April 3rd and 5th, respectively),
as well as on the KV and Phalon fighter bays. Here goes again:

Stinger nodes are Mass 2/Cost 6
Pod launchers Mass 3/Cost 9
Fighter bays should be Mass 9/Cost 27 for all races which use them (ie,
not the SV).

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] FB3 QUESTION Next: Re: Active vs Passive