Prev: Re: Active vs Passive Next: Re: Flying Saucers

Re: Flying Saucers

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:33:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Flying Saucers

***
At the time of the (awful) Lost in Space film they released some toys
based on the origional series, the Jupiter II was a nice saucer sitting
on 3-legs, very roughly 1/300 scale.
I have one, bought because it was cute, though its wargaming
possabilities were always there if I needed to justify it.
***

This is the one that someone made into a VERY impressive Martian walker
with bendable straws chopped for the legs.

As I've seen them regularly for 3/$5US, and occasionally <$1US, they and
the other pieces, including the tracked vehicle (rover?) and 'drop' pod,
are worthy of inspection for possible conversions.

If your saucers don't have to be perfectly round, the mouth end of
plastic soup spoons are another start for DSII hull shapes. If you can't
recycle, reuse... ;->=

Course, the toy of the new Jupiter II, so well used as a crashed ship,
accessorized with SW TPM pod racer engines, on the one miniatures table
at GenCon, would make an interesting SGII uber-gravtank with the right
weopens suite.

You have to take into account that I'm the fellow that has a Mr.
Fantastic car waiting to be made into an Evil Empire (tm) Space Marine
(tm) landing craft (no tm). ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Active vs Passive Next: Re: Flying Saucers