Prev: Re: The Problem with EW Next: Re: Active vs Passive

RE: EW

From: Chris DeBoe <ChrisD@j...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:18:32 -0400
Subject: RE: EW

>In order to simulate the longer ranges allow only standard SMs,
> they may fire at greater than 24 MU however they have -1 to the
> die for for each 12MU range bracket after 24.
>
> Roger
>
>Missile range is much greater than beam range in HH.
> See Brendan's rules, he's posted the website at least twice in the
last 3
> weeks.

My way gives longer ranges (MT missiles go 18 for 3 turns).

Roger

That's not related to Brendan's rules, which aren't talking about MT
missiles.

Your way gives expected missiles on target as
 3.5/24"	2.5/36" 1.67/48 1/60	0.5/72" 0.167/84"

I don't buy that because a) anyone with reasonable point defense isn't
going
to be concerned about the longer ranges; b) if you get the salvo into
the
right area in the first place, there's no obvious reason why the
missiles
would have a harder time hitting at 84" than at 24".

Prev: Re: The Problem with EW Next: Re: Active vs Passive