Prev: OT: Origins anyone? Next: Re: Battle Results (FT)

Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 07:47:30 PDT
Subject: Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII

I tried to answer that question once before, and in doing so betrayed my

utter ignorance of the subtle nuances of anti-tank weaponry.  I seem to
recall that it was commented that my only good example was the Karl
Gustav.

The basic idea behind the SAVR is any unguided weapon that is A:
reloadable
and B: Large enough to be crew serviced, as opposed to the one-man,
one-shot
nature of IAVR's.

I've also been listening to SGII players talk about the GMS/P, and
wondering
how to apply it to DSII.  There's no need for it as a support element,
since
the GMS/L takes that place.  I suppose what you could do is come up with

ranges and damage and cost for it, and allow a rifle element to be
equipped
with GMS/P's as anti-tank backup instead of with IAVR's for an increased

cost for the element.  Anyone who plays both games, care to comment on
that?

Brian Bilderback.