Prev: Re: Underwater Rules Next: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.

Re: [OT] - GenCon Hotels?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:57:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] - GenCon Hotels?

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:32:34 -0500, "Dean Gundberg"
<dean.gundberg@noridian.com> wrote:

>Checking WOTC's GenCon webpage, most of the close ones were full at the
end
>of February

Depends on your definition of "full". The Hilton, for instance, is
listed on
the GenCon site as having 53 rooms available. Mind you, they are all
singles
and I don't know how many are TRULY available.

The Park East also has singles and the Wyndham (is that the fairly
expensive
one?) still has doubles. The Park East was reasonable. It has a shuttle
to the
hotel, and was an 18 minute walk for me in '96. For that matter, if you
have a
car pretty much any hotel is okay since there's a parking garage nearby.
(What
was it, US$3 for parking per day? Or as high as US$5? Some parking lots
in
Toronto are at about US$15 a day... ).

>I've been at the Hyatt the last couple of years and it is a nice place
but I
>just snuck in again this year (thanks Allan).	Usually I would be
rooming
>with Mike Miserendino and Bryan Miller (who have a room at the Hilton
this
>year) but my wife has decided she wants to go with me since we haven't
had a
>decent vacation together in a few years and she also thinks this will
help
>her understand me and my obsession with spaceships better.  For some
reason
>the economic reasons of saving money did not sway her from demanding a
room
>for just the 2 of us.

No problem! If your wife is bored, she can catch up with my wife... uh,
if she
can find her! *S* Leann will be working the Chaosium booth (the Wizard's
Attic, actually, is who she's working for) during the day and
roleplaying
mostly Cthulhu and Vampire games during the evening. Maybe your wife
will end
up going over to the Dark Side... *S*

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Underwater Rules Next: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.