Prev: RE: SG2: Aerospace Morale House Rule Next: Re: The Problem with EW

Re: SG2: Help, Questions on game play

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:45:34 -0400
Subject: Re: SG2: Help, Questions on game play

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 02:37:23 EST, "Bren Mayhugh" <jygro@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Can they fall back into cover without
>reorganizing or must they "treat" the wounded man right away?

First, of course, they have to remove the suppression marker (I'm
assuming you
knew that and the squad did remove the marker). Then they can fall back,
carrying their wounded guy with them. On page 24 there is a section
called
"Moving Casualties". Basically, the movement die of the troops drops
one. If
they have a move die of D6 (therefore 6" move), they would drop to a
move die
of D4 (4" normal move, or D4 x 2 combat move).

You do not have to treat the wounded guy first. They can drag him to
cover
THEN treat him where it's safe.

>Second question:   Unit A close assaults unit B.  Unit A passes their
check
>and for the moment we will say that unit B. doesn't.  Unit B goes down
a CL
>and retreats 6".  The attacker (Unit A) occupies the location.  What
can
>unit A do at that point.  Can they fire, close assault again.

According to page 41 of the book, Unit A would end its activation. That
is,
the close assault has eaten up its 2 actions. They can't fire or close
assault
or anything again, unless they are activated again (such as by having a
leader
transfer an action to them to re-activate them in a turn).

However, there IS an exception to this. Page 43 allows a unit to do a
"follow-through". This can be done if Unit B falls back (as in your
example)
or if Unit B stayed and fought, but was destroyed. Unit A would then
have the
option of a "follow through" move. It must make a Reaction Test at +1 if
it
destroyed Unit B, or a +2 if Unit B merely fell back. If the Reaction
Test is
passed, Unit A can make a Combat move (MUST be a combat move, not a
regular
move). If this combat move brings it into contact with the unit that ran
away
(Unit B in your example), then Close Assault occurs all over again.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: RE: SG2: Aerospace Morale House Rule Next: Re: The Problem with EW