Prev: Re: Fog of War again Next: Re: SG2: Aerospace Morale House Rule

Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:41:19 PDT
Subject: Re: Was Support Weapons in SGII now DSII

You should find them at the bottom of my long post, but here goes again,

with a few more refinements:

SAVR's Cost 4 points.  They must be carried by special support elements
who
only carry small arms besides them.  They have a range of 6".  They draw
3
chits vs. Vehicles, and validities are the same as for IAVR's.	At
range,
they may also fire special AP rounds (similar to the Beehive round), and

draw 3 chits vs. infantry, infantry firefight validities. This is only
at
range, during close combat the draw chits like a GMS or Artillery
Spotter
element.  As an optional rule, you might want to consider allowing
Powered
Armor troops to carry SAVR's as backup instead of IAVR's (But only for
Anti-armor, the anti-personnel capability is already factored into the
PA
element). This would be attributable to the increased weight and space
capacity of PA's.

In addition, they should be mountable on vehicles for 1 space. I also
determined (with advice from Oerjan) that PDS' should affect IAVR's and
SAVR's, so any vehicle with a PDS is treated the same as a vehicle with
APFC's for determining damage validities from IAVR and SAVR hits.

Brian Bilderback