Prev: RE: We're No. '1' :) Next: Re: MT missiles in FAQ/archives

RE: We're No. '1' :)

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:35:24 -0500
Subject: RE: We're No. '1' :)

I think the request was for SG scale, right? Otherwise, there were
saucers
with blister cockpits in the Space Master/Silent Death line, but I'll be
jiggered if I can recall names.

My assumption is that saucers in 'The kitchen cupboard?' might well be
too
flat, but plenty of hard plastic bowls of weird and wonderous shapes in
'thrift shops' here in the US. Take plastic cases from gum ball machine
prizes for cockpits, and you're half way there.

By the way, 'thrift shops' refer to the usually charity resellers of
household discards. If you'd care to explain different terms in Oz or
the
UK for that, gumball, or even 'cockpit' OFF LIST, I'd consider it a
kindness.

I still use Alan's example of being in a meeting asking for a 'rubber'
as
a sterling example of the non-unity of the English language. ;->=

The_Beast

		    Denny

		    Graver-Elstree	       To:
"'gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU'" <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
		    <denny.graver@bbc.c        cc:

		    o.uk>		       Subject:     RE: We're
No. '1' :)
		    Sent by:

		    owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Be

		    rkeley.EDU

		    04/12/2000 08:05 AM

		    Please respond to

		    gzg-l

Scotia do a small and  large 1/300 Scale Flying saucers - I haven't seen
them, so I can't comment

Scotia Micromodels, Halgreen Castle, Inverbervie, ANGUS DD10 0PU
Tel.01561 362861 Fax. 01561362444 Email scotiagrendel@onet.co.uk

     <snip>

> On a related issue, anyone know where I can get some decent looking
> 'saucers' (I'd like a vehicle for my little guys).
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

> --

> --
> Elizabeth Fulton
> c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
> GPO Box 1538
> HOBART
> TASMANIA 7001
> AUSTRALIA
> Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
> Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053
>
> email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

it
in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the
information in any way, and notify me immediately. The contents of this
message may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC,
unless specifically stated.

Prev: RE: We're No. '1' :) Next: Re: MT missiles in FAQ/archives