Prev: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II Next: RE: SG2: Aerospace Morale House Rule

Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 00:10:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

At 11:12 PM 4/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
>John Crimmins murmured:
>>Nice idea, but it probably won't work.
>
>Oh, a challenge!  I'll have to try it sooner than August.

Hey, if it *does* work let us all know!  I've tried a variety of quick
camo
paint jobs, and have yet to see any of them actually succeed.  Being a
fundamentally lazy fellow, the idea appeals to me.

Come to think of it, though, here's another idea that might work.  I
have
this great stuff called "U Knead It" -- I use it to tack figures down to
popsicle sticks for painting them, to support things when they are being
glued together, etc. (I obtained it from Micro Mark years ago; I'm not
sure
if it is still available).  It adheres beautifully, and it comes back up
without removing any paint (the sole exception being from the bottom of
some Fortress Figures plastics...that stuff just does NOT like
acrylics).
If you sprayed a tank in a base color, and then applied blobs of U Knead
It
-- or substitute Blue-Tak, that stuff that's used to hang posters -- and
then sprayed the tank a *different* color....  Add some ink for shading,
and there you are!  That should work.  It would be a lot quicker than
painting the stripes, and as long as you give the first coat time to dry
it
shouldn't be a problem.

I'll have to give this a shot with my next batch of microarmor.  Urban
camo
scheme, here I come!

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II Next: RE: SG2: Aerospace Morale House Rule