Prev: RE: We're No. '1' :) Next: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:34:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

At 08:30 PM 4/11/00 -0400, you wrote:

>Marcus Seifertius declaimed:
>> OH!	While I'm on the topic, does anyone have suggestions on
>>airbrushing small figs like DSII vehicles and DP9 gears?
>

>Well, this isn't exactly airbrushing, and I haven't done it yet
>so results not guaranteed, but this is what I'm planning:
>
>Prime and basecoat your vehicle.  This is going to be one of the
>Ba'Das KV tanks so we'll make it dark metallic purple.
>Take card stock or similar material (probably a shoe box lid)
>and cut out narrow, closely-spaced slits.
>Arrange your vehicles, then put the card over them, not touching
>but close.
>Spray the card with your second color (metallic teal).
>
>I _think_ what will happen is you'll get fuzzy-edged stripes.
>Greater distance from vehicle to card means fuzzier
>stripes--place them too far apart and your "stripes" will
>overlap.  I think.

Nice idea, but it probably won't work.	There's an interesting article
on
the Miniatures Page about this -- the author tried half a dozen
different
ways to spray stripes onto microarmor.	None of them worked.

http://theminiaturespage.com/workbench/?id=24298

He didn't try cardboard, but I have a feeling that the results would be
similar.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: RE: We're No. '1' :) Next: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II