Prev: Re: We're No. '1' :) Next: Hi can somebody give me an e-mail for Geohex, their site seems to be down

Re: [FT] Derek's EW

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:20:20 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Derek's EW

G'day,

>I like the Battlerider rules that Beth posted, although if
>anyone is paying attention to copyright, it might be a tad
>sticky for Jon to use them as the official, published FT3 rules.

I don't think that was ever Derek's intention, but just as an aside
(especially seeings as GDW is defunct) what is the process of
acknowledging
rule debt in games? As far as I can see you've got the complete spectrum
from Piquet which states were its debts lie vs the latest unmentionable
empire's effort (have fun playing spot the rule). Anyway just curious.

>It was suggested at operational level that you can scan as many
>ships as you have FC.	I would suggest instead that you scan as
>long as you succeed, then stop when you fail.	A 3000 point
>squadron could have 25 or 30 FC's and who wants to roll that
>many sensor rolls every turn?

I guess you mean per side here? Derek did originally have until you fail
per ship, but that degenrated into Beth rolls and fails (obviously) then
Derek rolls, rolls, rolls... Beth goes off and gets a drink, walks the
dog,
does the laundry.... so the number of FC became a way of putting a lid
on
the process.

Thanks for the feedback

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: We're No. '1' :) Next: Hi can somebody give me an e-mail for Geohex, their site seems to be down