Prev: RE: EW, Sensors, Stealth and Ships that go *BLIP* in the night Next: RE: EW, Sensors, Stealth and Ships that go *BLIP* in the night

Re: EW, Sensors, Stealth and Ships that go *BLIP* in the night

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:48:16 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: EW, Sensors, Stealth and Ships that go *BLIP* in the night

On 10-Apr-00 at 16:44, Dean Gundberg (dean.gundberg@noridian.com) wrote:

> Why don't I throw this proposal out for comment, it has minimal
changes to
> current rules.
>
> In MT we have ship ECM and area ECM, for combat purposes, have them
> increase effective ranges when targeting a ship with ECM active, 150%
> actual range for area ECM, 200% for ship ECM.  Example, if firing at a
ship
> with actual range 10" but covered by area ECM, effective range is 150%
of
> actual so combat is resolved as if the ship was 15" away.
>
> Now to burn through, a target's ECM, how about for each additional
fire con
> dedicated to targeting the ECM covered ship, either:
> A) Gain an additional beam die per beam and keep the highest (per
Anthony's
> thought above) or get an additional to-hit roll for Pulse Torps,
K-guns etc
> and if either roll is high enough, it is a hit (but with range
modification
> still in effect), or
> B) Roll a beam die and if a 4-5, area ECM is negated and ship ECM is
> reduced to 150% effective range, and if a 6, both area ship ECM are
> negated. Which would work better? What to the rest of you think?
>
> These could be some quick and easy rules for EW, but it is Monday so I
may
> be way off :)

Now, I think I have made it fairly obvious I am not thrilled by the
idea of using extra FC to negate ECM, but if you must do it what about
doing it this way:

use your range mods for area/ship ECM.	For each extra fire control
used you gain back a lost die for each weapon fired, up to what
is normal for the range.

How do sensors fit into this system though?

Roger