Prev: RE: PBeM, illegal orders Next: Re: PBeM, illegal orders

Re: PBeM, illegal orders

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:02:31 -0600
Subject: Re: PBeM, illegal orders

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:48:53 -0400 (EDT), Roger Books writes:
>What do you do when someone issues illegal orders in a PBeM?
>I'm thinking about setting stuff up to chop the orders to
>what the ship is capable of and going on, sound reasonable?
>
>Admiral:  3 points to Port
>Aide:	But Admiral
>Admiral:  Give the order!
>
>all the small ships go 3 points to port, leaving the thrust
>4 BDN to soak up 12 SMs.

the PBeM game software I used to work on had an order checker, so it
wouln't let you submit illegal moves.  You'd get a response that told
you if your moves were o.k., and if they weren't, what was wrong.  It
both caught syntax errors as well as things that were simply illegal.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: RE: PBeM, illegal orders Next: Re: PBeM, illegal orders