Prev: RE: FT scenarios Next: Re: EW

Re: EW

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:41:53 -0400
Subject: Re: EW

A Finn declared:

>So, I'll renew the simple EW suggestion I made a few years
back:

That was about the last time we heard from you, wasn't it...
;-)  Welcome home.

>Just fiddle with the effective range to target.
>
>To elaborate, compare the sensor/ECM ratings. For each level of
>difference, adjust effective range up or down by X MU.
Sometimes it helps,
>sometimes it doesn't -- them's the breaks...
>
>Points to tweak:
>
> - Actual X value. 4 MU might be a good starting point.

  I like 1" per 6" actual range--it fits well with the standard
range bands.  If range to target is 36" and you have Enhanced
(+1) sensors, you would treat it as if 30", so you could still
hit it with PTorps (unless you were Indy, of course).  Superior
Sensors would have +2, Stealth would be -1 or -2.
  I'm making the assumption that with most weapons, the
difficulty in hitting is guidance, not	actual physical range.
For missiles, there would be no range change--but you can buy ER
Missiles as it is now.	I'd say it would let you target MT
missiles at more than 54" range, you just don't get any more
thrust to get there with.

Prev: RE: FT scenarios Next: Re: EW