Prev: FT: my EW rules/ideas Next: Fwd: Re: books

Fwd: Re: books

From: THE-DRAKE@w... (staci & mark Drake)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 00:27:20 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Fwd: Re: books

Listers,
  Thought you all might enjoy my quick summaries of these books I asked
about last week;any questions please email me.
Mark

Hi Enzo,
    I apologize for not getting back to you sooner--was on night shift
this week.

 I have not had these books in a few years,so I will give you as much
detail as i remember;here goes:

Spaceshps--illustrated book detailing the ships used by earth and alpha
centauri allies vs.proxima centauri in the Proxima War of 2048 to 2068
Mostly covered fighters;one really cool weapon I remember was a proxima
robot ship that was hidden underground and triggered by its sensors
detecting approaching enemy forces,then popping-up,firing at enemy while
flying around,then doing kamikaze attack at end;could be spoofed into
early detection by holograms.
>From reading the ship descriptions,you could asertain the general
course
of the war--proxima invaded alpha,launched attacks into our solar system
(very battle of britain type campaign)--even dropped nukes from ships in
orbit onto some earth cities--until we held out long enough to stop
them.
believe the war went into relatively static phase--lots of  raids,small
fleet battles,planet-hopping,etc.before we reinforced alpha system and
invaded proxima homeworlds,which were devastated.
The illustrations were great.

Enzo,will write back later today with plots of 2 other books--am
babysitting my 10 month old son and he needs a nap--thanks for your
interest.
Mark

Prev: FT: my EW rules/ideas Next: Fwd: Re: books