Prev: FT: MT missiles Next: RE: Infantry Walkers for Stargrunt - from Heavy Gear figs...

FT scenarios

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 13:08:07 EDT
Subject: FT scenarios

Okay, we're tired of fighting battle after battle with no goals.
So we tried the old standby of destroying the convoy before
it reached the other end of the table (about 84" long).  We
did this three times.  I have an alternative: a convoy chase
where the attackers are pursuing the convoy.  Then I wrote
up a small research station ("Gamma") with two scenarios.
1) "The Gamma Device", in which a new weapon system has
been perfected and a task force is sent to pick it up.	The
enemy doesn't know why but they sent a task force to find
out, arriving at about the same time (what a coincidence).
I added a die roll per turn, 6 being needed, for a spy aboard
the station to radio the reason for the activity.
I'm restricting the scenario to have no nova cannons or
wave motion guns.
2) "Rock Station Gamma" where a spy station is hidden
in an asteroid field and the enemy has finally sent a task
force to deal with it.	Station reinforcements have already
arrived and camouflaged themselves among the asteroids,
unless they activate any systems or are successfully
scanned by the enemy they look like "rocks".  I had a recent
thought of allowing the station side to have jammers
on some asteroids but what would it cost?  As a ship totalling
36 (4 hull + 1 hull box + wide area jammer)?  Or with a single
jammer totalling 25 (3 hull + 1 hull box + jammer)?
No NC or WMG allowed in the scenario.
Should the points be even or should one side have more?
The attackers since they're being ambushed or the station
defenders being at speed 0?  Can salvo missiles distinguish
between a ship and an asteroid?  What if an asteroid has
a bogey device on it?

Any other scenario ideas?  They don't have to have the
base in it.

Something else came up about bases being superships
having multiple sections.  If a NC or WMG hits it does
every section take damage?

Do we not use sections when designing from FB1?

Glen

Prev: FT: MT missiles Next: RE: Infantry Walkers for Stargrunt - from Heavy Gear figs...