Prev: EW Sensors Next: Re: Sensor Rules

Re: FB2 errata

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 18:07:18 +0200
Subject: Re: FB2 errata

Jon T. wrote:

[snip]

>This just goes to prove that no matter HOW hard or how many times >you
check it, SOMETHING will still slip through! At least three people
>went over the ship spec pages several times, and all missed these!

<g> FB1 had 10 typos in the ship descriptions; I've only found 4 in FB2
so far :-)

>>- Shell, clarification of a potential source of confusion: The rule
>>(p35) says both that Shell boxes cost 2 points each (4th paragraf)
>>*and* that their cost per box is 2 x layer number (2 pts per box in
>>layer 1, 4 pts per box in layer 2 etc). The latter is correct.
>
>Bugger.

The design example is correct, so it shouldn't cause too much of a
problem.

>This is probably a hangover from before we made the last-minute
>change to the costs for each shell layer (of course, this'll all mean
>absolutely nothing to those who haven't seen a copy yet!!).

<g> Of course not :-) But it will when they see it...

>>- PBL summary (p45): Note about effects of shields/shrouds is
>>missing.
>
>Good point. Fortunately it IS in the actual rules, just not in the
summary >box.

...which is certainly better than the other way around (FB1 PDS vs
ships) <g>

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.