Prev: Re: Phalon and Sa'Vasku encounters on starmaps? Next: Re: Phalon and Sa'Vasku encounters on starmaps?

RE: Phalon and Sa'Vasku encounters on starmaps?

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 07:43:14 -0400
Subject: RE: Phalon and Sa'Vasku encounters on starmaps?

Astronomy help requested.

I am far out of the loop on astronomy, so please bare with me.
Last I heard, the Milky Way is a spiral galaxy and we are somwhere on
one of
the "arms". My question is ... Are we deep within the arm or close to
the
surface?

Looking at the map, it is easy to (again) forget about the 3rd
dimention.
The Sa'Vasku could be closer to the surface of the arm or closer to the
core
of the arm. In this case, they would be attacking the most shallow or
the
most elevated systems on the map (i.e. comming from below or above).
Thier
controled area is likely to be larger than that covered by humanity
and/or
Kra'Vak.

-----
Brian Bell