Prev: Re: Airbrushes Next: Re: Vehicle Design Philosphy

Re: DS2: Vehicle Design Philosphy

From: "Robert W. Hofrichter" <RobHofrich@p...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:41:43 -0400
Subject: Re: DS2: Vehicle Design Philosphy

From: Brian (re: common chassis)
> Add to that the M113, the M-4 Sherman (Ok, it's variants were limited
> tanks and tank destroyers mostly, but it was still a versatile design,
> mostly because it was cheap to build.).... yes, you get the idea.

For the M-4:  Well, there was the Kangaroo version (infantry carrier)
and
there were two artillery versions (okay, so that was an M3 chassis--but
close enough).

I actually use this same approach for my FSU and Romanov designs (both
countries that need to count their pennies when equipping ground
forces).

As an example, the RH Snow Leopard series has:

Snow Leopard (hover Assualt gun)
Snow Leopard A (amphibious version of the above)
Dirt Leopard (AEV)
Flak Leopard (ADV)
Command Leopard

(Though some of these designs are used only by the Newich Defense Force)

Rob

Prev: Re: Airbrushes Next: Re: Vehicle Design Philosphy