Prev: EW/Sensors Next: Alternate Vehicle Design Philosophy

MT missiles and point costs

From: Reen-Shuler Adrian <reen-shuler.a@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:35:00 -0400
Subject: MT missiles and point costs

Not all the EMP results are just 1 in 6 chance of system failure.  I
don't
have the book in front of me,  but I think chance of failure may go as
high
as 50%.  Granted the missile only has a 1 in 6 chance of causing that
result, but still, it's bad news.
 ----------
From: Roger Books
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: Re: MT missiles and point costs
Date: Thursday, April 06, 2000 3:15PM

On  6-Apr-00 at 14:13, Reen-Shuler Adrian (reen-shuler.a@mellon.com)
wrote:

> I noticed the point costs given for MT missiles, but since the EMP
missiles
> are vastly more potent than nuclear missiles (at least against
anything
> bigger than a DD) it seems they should have a hirer point cost.

It's really temporary, those big ships tend to fix things very rapidly
as they have tons of DC parties.  Really, 1/6th of the systems broken
on a big ship isn't that much of a problem.  I think most of us would
prefer 2d6 damage to a threshold check.  Heck, I'm leaning towards
1d6 and a needle attack.  Pop the drives on those big boys and they
becoming DD fodder. :)

Roger

Prev: EW/Sensors Next: Alternate Vehicle Design Philosophy