Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosphy Next: RE: [OT] New Player

RE: Vehicle Design Philosophy

From: Andrew.Kelman@a...
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:39:47 +1000
Subject: RE: Vehicle Design Philosophy

Just as an aside: I thought one useful aspect of "Phantom Menace" was
the
depiction of shields in ground combat. They have quite a profound
effect. In
StarWars you need fighters to penetrate the shields, bodily, and do
damage
on the other side, in Phantom Menace you need disposable close-combat
troops
for the same reason. Storm-troopers make sense; they aren't just generic
bad-guys. Looks like there is some technological consistency and decent
military thinking behind there somewhere. Perhaps better than "Let's put
torpedoes in, they're cool!..."

Andrew