Prev: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements Next: Re: DS2: Vehicle Design Philosphy

RE: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:30:19 +1000
Subject: RE: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

You could try to work something out using some of the Abstract Thrust
stuff
I did last month.
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/ft/abstract.htm

It should prove useful for any huge fleet battles you want to resolve.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu
[pirates] Prince Rupert Raspberry; Base Commander

FB2
> rules
> >(you end up rolling huge numbers of dice), to grouping weapons in
> multiple
> >weaponn groups (i.e. rolling one die for every 5 Class 2 batteries).
> >Neither method seemed satisfactory.
>
> For larger battles, generally adding more players makes things move
along
> quite nicely. It sounds as if you might be playing too many ships per
> person. The regular rules work fine.
>
> >A bigger problem was that SM's have dominated the game every time we
play
> >(even when we have an integrated PD net: every SD has Area Defense
fir
> con
> >and 10 PDFs).  In one particularly agregious game 2 SD effectively
> crippled
> >(i.e. 50-75% damage) more than 10 opposing SD's in a single turn.
Does