Prev: Re: Airbrushes II Next: Re: Airbrushes II

Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:54:27 PDT
Subject: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy

If you're giving their weaponry class 5 strength at size 4, you'd better
be
tweaking the point system when you get to DSII, otherwise things are
going
to be VERY unbalanced.	That was one of the gripes that led me to leave
the
Fold of the Faithful when it came to Battletech - they never really came
up
with a really logical fair way to balance the Inner Sphere vs. the Clan
technology disparity.  I don't mind being outgunned by the aliens, but
if I
found myself ready to play a game and discovered that not only did the
KV
player get to use nastier weaponry than mine, but he paid the same or
less
to build it, I'd be screaming bloody murder. There's nothing fun about
playing lopsided massacres.

Brian B