Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy Next: Airbrushes II

Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:12:26 -0600
Subject: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:53:32 -0400 , "Thomas.Barclay" writes:
>I use Eldar tanks as my KV vehicles - Armourcast Eldar Tempests and
some
>Epicast stuff too. They look graceful and lethal. They are large (just
goes
>with the figure), pack heavy firepower, decent ECM, some stealth (again
with
>the hunter motif) and are assumed to be using Fusion Power and Grav
>Propulsion. Armour is heavy enough to be terrifying (like KV armour!)
and
>effective against similar sized RGs (other KV!). My "KV advanced tech"
>railgun for my class 5 MBT is a class 5 railgun sized as a class 4.
That
>gives them a size advantage. <Haven't translated these to DS2 yet>.
>
>That's my take - they want quiet, stealthy, vehicles with enough
defense
>(PDS/ECM) to withstand some attacks and enough armour to take a hit or
two.
>They probably don't use reactive armour. They'll want something that
runs on
>fusion to power the big railguns they use. And grav mobility lets them
cross
>most terrain.

Hmmmm.	A post-FB2 idea.  Since FB2 K'V use strong hulls and not that
much armor now, how about this for their DS2 tanks.

(I don't have my rules in front of me, so I'm talking off the cuff
here).	How about giving the K'V tanks an additional damaged level?
If they take damage that would destroy a regular tank, give them a
damage marker that reduces their movement by 25-33%, and their main
weapon by one class.  A second damage marker would destroy them.  Adds
record keeping (or more counters.  Blah) But better simulates the way
their space ships work.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy Next: Airbrushes II