Prev: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements Next: Re: Airbrushing, masking, and Frisket

Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 01:10:43 +1000
Subject: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

From: "Reen-Shuler Adrian" <reen-shuler.a@mellon.com>
Subject: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

> I'm new to the list and was wondering if anyone had found a good way
play
> large (10+ SD's per side) fleet battles.
>
> A friend and I have tried several methods, from using the straight FB2
rules
> (you end up rolling huge numbers of dice), to grouping weapons in
multiple
> weaponn groups (i.e. rolling one die for every 5 Class 2 batteries).
> Neither method seemed satisfactory.

Rolling lots of dice is the way we normally do it. But rather than
having 10
SDs
per side, we'd be more likely to have 4 SDs, 2 BBs, 12 CAs and 20+
smaller.
Usually with multiple players per side.

If you have 10 SDs, I'd suggest 10 players per side. And also another
100 or
so
smaller ships. Play it on a parking lot.

> A bigger problem was that SM's have dominated the game every time we
play

Try using Banzai Jammers. Remember a Salvo Missile will go after the
nearest
enemy ship. Try to make it so that stack of 10 SMs hits a 28 pt scout
not a
450 pt SD.

Try keeping your speed up. assuming you have a speed as low as 12, then
with
thrust-4
 you can be at speed 8, or speed 16 next turn. Or you can turn quite a
way,
so if he
places all his SMs as if you're going straight, you can be out of the 6"
radius. Safer is
to turn and also put a 28 pt scout at your "average" position to attract
SMs.

Prev: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements Next: Re: Airbrushing, masking, and Frisket