Prev: Re: SG2/DS2 books Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff......

Re: [DSII] Figure Size

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:17:36 PDT
Subject: Re: [DSII] Figure Size

I picked up some pretty cool 1/300th infantry at Brookhurst Hobbies in
the
LA area.  They're made by a company called C in C - I'm rapidly becoming

their unofficial spokesperson. Their modern stuff is about the same
size,
and dare I say as high quality as, GHQ's micro-armor. They make a small
selection of sci-fi stuff - pretty limited, but excellent in detail,
well-made. The infantry I bought is modern U.S> and is pretty true to
scale
- if you stand one next to a 1/300th scale m-113, the tip top of the
guy's
hed is about at the top of the APC. There are however a couple drawbacks
this line:
A) They had to shut down production for a while to avoid bankruptcy, and

noone's sure how long till they start up again - someone said it should
be
any time now.

B) Since the Sci-fi stuff matches the modern stuff in scale, it's a
little
undersized compared to most lines that specialize in sci-fi (Their heavy

sci-fi MBT is smaller that a Battletech 30-ton scout vehicle).

C) The infantry figures are all riflemen - not even any SAW's. So I
figure
that once I get some figures with SAW's and APSW's ang GMS's and such,
these
will make excellent lilitia to back up my line troops.

BBack

PS
Who's Adler/Stone?