Prev: RE: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language Next: Re: FB2 - Initial look - READ FIRST - spoiler alert

[DSII] Figure Size

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 02:39:18 -0400
Subject: [DSII] Figure Size

Earlier this evening, I was basing some infantry to go with the DSII
miniatures -- some of the nicest microarmor that I've ever encountered
--
that I'm painting up right now.  I settled on some Adler/Stone Mountain
Federation figures, and I'm mostly pleased with how they look so far.

When I realized this, I broke out my box of 1/300 infantry and started
going through it.  And I soon realized that they were all pretty much
the
same height -- including the Ral Partha Battletech figures, which are
supposed to be 10mm scale.  The only ones that seemed to be even close
in
scale to 1/300 vehicles were (ironicaly enough) the GW plastic infantry.

This doesn't bother me all that much, since it makes it easier to paint
the
details, but it got me wondering about how big the DSII infantry figures
are.  Particularly the PA (I'm using Battletech PA now, and while it
looks
very nice, it's also HUGE).  How do they compare?  Are they in scale, or
are they a little bigger than they should be?  I'm probably going to
order
some whatever the answer is, but I'd like to know for sure.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: RE: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language Next: Re: FB2 - Initial look - READ FIRST - spoiler alert