Prev: RE: SG2/DS2 books Next: Re: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language

SG2/DS2 books

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 23:27:05 -0400
Subject: SG2/DS2 books

Here's an incomplete, but perhaps useful list of books with interesting
SG2 scenario potential (may also provide DS2 options):
<this ignores historical works of interest>

Officer Cadet/Lieutenant/Captain/Major - Rick Shelley
The Mercenary - Jerry Pournelle
The Sten Series (Sten, Wolf Worlds, (4 others), Vortex) - Chris Bunch,
Alan Cole
In Death Ground/Crusade/another one - David Weber
Heir To Empire series - David Drake
Hammers Slammers Series - David Drake
Not For Glory/Hero - Joel Rosenberg
Starship Troopers - Heinlein
Seeds of War - name escapes me
original Buck Rogers books (where he leads the tribes of the shattered
U.S. against the Han overlords)
Starcruiser Shenandoah series - Roland Green
Last Legion - Chris Bunch
Series on the Foreign Legion which I can't find (I think Camarein was
one of the titles) at the moment

FMASkirmish might better suit:
Blackcollar/Backlash Mission - Timothy Zahn
Cobra/Cobra Strike/another one - Timothy Zahn
The Ion War - Colin Kapp
Quintara Marathon (a bunch of books) - Jack L. Chalker

Those are just some thoughts. One of these days, when I get near my full
collection, I'm gonna make a list....

Tom

Prev: RE: SG2/DS2 books Next: Re: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language