Prev: Re: DSII Ideas/questions: ADS, FO's, Next: Re: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

Re: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 11:59:39 PDT
Subject: Re: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language

Thanks for recognizing my agitating abilities. *g*

I'm too poor and busy with a real life to ever have played anything by
GW.
Hell, it was a splurge spending $4.00 yesterday on some used figures.

I found an interesting use for a WWII U.S. Lee tank (I THINK it's a lee
- I
always mix up the early US tanks. This is the one with a 75mm hull gun
and a
30 mm turret gun). I took out the big hull gun.  The sucker's got
hatches
and window slits everywhere, so it's now a command vehicle. The machine
gun
turret in top of the 30 mm turret is now a superior PDS (the one type of

vehicle where I will NOT go light on the defensive systems is a command
vehicle).

Then why the hell did you mention it? Now I can live my life a tortured
soul.... argh! Seriously though, I live about 1 mile from an excellent
used
book store. Not the best in the world, but the best in San Diego.  I'm
constantly amazed at their selection (My wife, for Christmas, went there
and
bought me a wonderful, very intact hardcover copy of BH Liddel-Hart's
History of the Second World War. Yum. I still don't know why the hell a
quality woman like that married ME.), so I'm sure I have a good chance
of
finding it.

Gee, that IS encouraging. I've been mulling over a story idea in my
head,
some day I may bother to write it down, about a veteran of a future war
with
an alien race. He lives in obscurity and loneliness and fear till one
day
the military tracks him down, and recalls him to duty for one simple
purpose, one which he resists adamantly: They want ot pin a medal on
him. He
responds by charging himself with war crimes.  The rest of the story is
about why he does that and what it means for him, and for humanity.  The

title I came up with is "Star Witness."

BBack