Prev: Think first! Re: [HH] Bishop Takes Rook - Call for players Next: RE: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

RE: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

From: "Jim Boydston"<Conchart@g...>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:32:14 -600
Subject: RE: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

Well, I'm a big fan of the Warhammer 40K universe, atleast the space
marine side(I
know, I know, I've heard it all before). Just the universe mind you, I
hate
all of their new games, but me and some buddies still occasionally role
play
some rogue trader and I own alot, I mean alot of old space marine
miniatures.
Anyways, we all really like Stargrunt 2 as a wargaming ruleset, so we
are trying
to port our armies over to the stargrunt 2 universe with two
requirements: 1,
they stay as true as possible to their back ground(not to GWs game
mechanics
though), 2, they behave in a realistic way within that universe(so that,
unlike
Games Workshops idea of physics, guns really are more effective than
slingshots).
So, my army is in powered armor with a very few exceptions, their
primary weapon,
an Imperial issue bolter, is documented as being a .75 cal weapon firing
rocket
propelled explosive rounds, they field no green troops and a high
percentage
of veterans, and their forces are small in number compared to most enemy
forces.
It is a very big gun, but you also have to figure that it is basically a
powered
armor only assault rifle for a force that will be consistently out
numbered.
I realize that I could probably just adjust everything down to more
properly
represent the Warhammer 40K universe(Space Marine powered armor as full
armor,
bolter as an advanced assault rifle, etc), but we want to keep it
generic, so
we can play games with forces from other universes too, such as an alien
Genestealer
Cult vs. an NAC colony defense force. The whole idea was inspired by a
story
called Ground Zero, by Tom Sullivan,
http://stargrunt.virtualave.net/reports/ground.html

A great story by the way.

Jade Tseng

>Hi Jade,
>
>Although Brendan has already suggested FP3/ImpD12 perhaps you are
looking at

>something a little over the top in small arms...
>
>..75 Cal is somewhere around; or just under 20mm. IMHO this really
falls into

>a Support Weapon category rather than Assault Rifle....the ammunition
alone

>is going to be monstrously heavy! I'm presuming the Rocket propelled
refers

>to the round that the AR fires and not some kind of additional Grenade
>launcher?
>
>You might even want to consider this Assault Rifle in terms of a D6 or
D8
>rather than a set FP.
>
>In what sort of context are you fitting your weapons? Is it from a
Fiction

>background you are playing out in Stargrunt?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Owen

just

>can't think up anything for them, so I thought I'd as you guys. The
weapons