Prev: Re: Interesting Camo Next: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics

Re: Interesting Camo

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:40:46 +1000
Subject: Re: Interesting Camo

G'day,

>You'd think so.  Plants ought to absorb the colors that best
>penetrate the atmosphere--colors like green, for instance.  But
>they don't.  (If they absorbed green, they wouldn't reflect
>green.  If they didn't reflect green, they wouldn't look green).

I was thinking of the algas which are red and brown (mainly so they can
live at depth where blue is the best colour to absorb), so my train of
thought had dragged me off to a planet where everything was purple and
maroon etc.

>Besides which, you may have imported plants on semi-terraformed
>planets.

It'd actually be very interesting to see if they stayed the same though,
corals almost undoutedly wouldn't as their morphs change with their
physical conditions usually.

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Interesting Camo Next: SG2, a little help with some weapon statistics