Prev: Re: Interesting Birthday Cake Next: Re: Interesting Camo

Re: Interesting Camo

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:53:11 +1000
Subject: Re: Interesting Camo

G'day,

>You can easily buy 60 watt lightbulbs which are red, yellow,
>blue or green for party lights.

Yep, though I'll try for the blacklight ones first.

>Not really, you get different proportions of the wavelengths but
>the eye adjusts and you probably wouldn't notice a difference in
>color.

And a guess most people would have visors and what-not on anyway.

>Exception:  a brown dwarf shines at only about 1000-1200
>degrees, so it would have red light.

Red pens aren't a must on Alarish then? ;)

>The main things that would
>affect it, I'd think, would be the density and composition of
>the atmosphere; however, I'd expect the local variation in
>vegetation to be more important.

Why? If photosynthetic wouldn't they colour themselves for their light
environment (i.e. ambient light conditions would still be the strongest
determining factor)? Or do you mean how thick tehy are, leaf shapes
etc??

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Interesting Birthday Cake Next: Re: Interesting Camo