Prev: Re: Dice President Next: Re: new toy on web [OT unless you're into orbital calculationstu ff] [CLEAN STAMP]

RE: DS/SG/GZGverse Just how many troops are being transported?

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:17:33 -0500
Subject: RE: DS/SG/GZGverse Just how many troops are being transported?

Part of the answer depends on the operation.
Obviously, raids would take less forces than an invasion.

Most DS2 games that I have been in have had 5-15 units per side.
A unit would be 3-6 AFV's, 3-6 Infantry Squads (elements), and/or 1-3
tubes
of artillery. Each AFV, squad or tube would be a seperate element.

I have been in a much larger game (Carter Island...Is that still going
on?),
which had closer to 30-40 units per side. This scenario was to take a
beach
that also had a stronghold on it (fortress with Class-5 Laser Turrets).

So take an average game,call it 10 units for ease; 5 AFV Units, 4
Infantry
Units and an Artillery Unit. Assume a crew of 3 for AFV's and 5 AFV per
unit, that gives you 75 crew. Each Infantry unit consists of (for
argument's
sake) An MICV and 2 Infantry Elements. The MICV has a crew of 3 and each
infantry element has 5 men (again, just picking numbers out of the air).
That gives 52 personnel for the Infantry units. The Artillery unit
consists
of 2 tubes of artillery (agian, grasping for numbers) and is crewed by 8
soldiers each for 16 personnel. We now have 143 combat personnel. Now
add
command, logistic, and support personnel (someone help...I will guess
1:2)
to add 71 personnel. Total now 214 personnel per side.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ds2/