Prev: Re: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT Next: Full Metal Atkinson

Re: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:19:46 -0500
Subject: Re: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT

At 07:25 PM 3/25/00 PST, Brian B... um, Bilderback, that is wrote:
>Thanks for the insight. Admittedly, my exposure to FT and SG is limited

>pretty much to this mailing list. It just seems like a lot of the
examples
>and battles discussed do refer directly to ships designs, or at least
minis,
>straight from the story line.

That probably isn't so much of a reflection on wwhat ships and designs
people use to play as it is how much easier it is to make comparisions
off
the baselines of the provided fleets.  When Oerjan wants to make a point
by
playtesting something (see the banzai jammers vs. SML fleet a couple
months
back), I'm sure he could whip up a few designs special for the occation
--
but then, for the rest of the group to really know what was going on,
we'd

Aside from specific examples, the fleets to have a general "feel" to
them
that is different -- NSL uses armor with no shields, NAC has pulse torps
and screens, FSE SMLs, and ESU... dunno, a bit more generic (heard 'em
described as "low-tech NAC" before).  Unfortunately, that variation is a
bit harder to carry over into DSII vehicles, but one might nation may
favor
size 2-3 vehicles with the occational size 4, while another uses size 5
almost exclusively, each a fortress in it's own right... not that I've
designed any of these, just tossing off ideas.

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net

Prev: Re: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT Next: Full Metal Atkinson