Prev: Re: Calculating crew boxes... (AO problem also) Next: Re: FB2

Re: Calculating crew boxes... (AO problem also)

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:04:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Calculating crew boxes... (AO problem also)

At 10:10 AM 3/24/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I've encountered a problem, try the following ship:
>
>101 mass
>Fragile hull.
>
>Following the algorithm given in the book you have 6 crew,
>10 hull boxes.  10/6 round up is 2.  You put a DC party
>every two boxes and you end up with 5 DC parties instead
>of 6.
>
>AO and Ship Designer both give 5 Crew when they should give
>five in this case.  It's not really their problem, it's the
>suggested means of calculating where to put crew from
>FT.
>
>I think what I am going to do in this odd case is give DC
>crews to the last two boxes.  Any other suggestions?

Actually, this did come up soon after the fleet book came out -- either
that, or while it was in development, not sure.  I know that my take on
it
was that you're obviously crunching numbers too hard if you're doing
that,
so you loose the extra crew by default. ^_^  Not sure if that was widely
accepted or not... basically, though, there are cases where rounding
works
in your favor, and cases where it doesn't; this is one case where it
doesn't.

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net

Prev: Re: Calculating crew boxes... (AO problem also) Next: Re: FB2