Prev: RE: 6mm Star Wars Next: Finding proper minis

Re: 6mm Star Wars

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 00:45:55 EST
Subject: Re: 6mm Star Wars

In a message dated 3/23/00 11:35:26 PM Central Standard Time,
mwbrown@veriomail.com writes:

<< A model company (who's name I forget) produced a couple of kits-
Battle of
 Hoth, and a Rebel Base kit. Both of those kits were roughly 1/300 and
had
 about 40+ troops each (imperial and rebel). The Battle kit also had 3
 snowspeeders (a bit too small compared to the infantry), 4 or so gun
towers
 (about right), 2 functional AT-ATs (they look pretty nice and are about

 right in scale), 1 AT-ST (a bit small, but still okay) and a X-Wing
with its
 wings 'folded'. The other kit had a mixture of fighters (X and Y
wings), a
 Rebel transport and the Falcon (about 300 scale).

 Both kits went for about $10 or so, and are pretty rough to find right
now.
 Good luck >>

I have several of these - the X Wings went to aeromechs for Battle Tech,
the
Y wings got chopped up to make "Clipper" ships for Traveller: the New
Era,
the infantry get used in just about every 6mm game I play, the "props"
some
control panels, and a vacu-formed terrain piece - Rebel Base also has a
Blockade runner starship which I have used as a small dropship in
Battletech
and Dirtside. You get better chicken walkers from Galoob sets and they
make
"A" wing fighters and several Star Wars style ships that have chooped up
and
made a fair selection of Full Thrust ships and for Traveller:TNE as
well.

Prev: RE: 6mm Star Wars Next: Finding proper minis