Prev: fwd: Interesting astrographic features Next: Re: Interesting new technology

Interesting new technology

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:24:26 -0500
Subject: Interesting new technology

It seems the US (who else) is working on Transdermal Nutrient Systems
(TDNS). What a TDNS appears to be is a chip that monitors your
bloodstream
and whatnot and decides if you are in need of food - if so, it can
inject
nutrients through the skin using a variety of proposed methods. This
will
defeat hunger and may substitute for carried food (while only being a
small
patch) for a couple of days. I can see this being useful for some spec
ops
or as a general boon in high intensity combat. I would imagine these
neutraceuticals (as they call them) are not as good for you as actual
food,
and therefore won't be a solution for longer than a few days.

Still, seemed like a fascinating idea (source: Feb 2000 Janes Defence
Weekly).

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: fwd: Interesting astrographic features Next: Re: Interesting new technology