Prev: Re: Elevation/Depression of AFV main arms Next: Re: OT Re: Fw: 12 Prospects for the Chevy Nova Award

Re: OT Re: Fw: 12 Prospects for the Chevy Nova Award

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:22:52 -0500
Subject: Re: OT Re: Fw: 12 Prospects for the Chevy Nova Award

>Okay - I have a nomination -  the country of Canada - the particular
item
the
>Canadaian nickel: five cent piece - why?:
>
>Only Candians would put the head of their ruling female sovereign on
one
side
>and a picture of a beaver on the other. Leading to quips about heads
and
>tails+ the queen and her "beaver".

Blasphemy!

:)

Honestly, having lived here for 31 years now, I've NEVER heard anyone
make
that joke before.

But remember - this is from the country that for our $1 coin put the
Queen
on one side and a bird, the Loon, on the other.  And EVERYONE calls them
"Loonies"....

Prev: Re: Elevation/Depression of AFV main arms Next: Re: OT Re: Fw: 12 Prospects for the Chevy Nova Award