Prev: EFSB Web Site Updated Next: Re: Elevation/Depression of AFV main arms

Re: Elevation/Depression of AFV main arms

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:41:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Elevation/Depression of AFV main arms

At 01:01 PM 3/22/00 -0800, Ndege wrote:
>At 01:17 PM 3/22/00 -0500, Thomas.Barclay wrote:
[elevation/depression of turrets]
>>Now, if one was using a casement turret (unmanned), one might have
more
>>capability in this regard. The crew could occupy the body of the tank
(safe
>>and sound behind a hill or wall if a fight erupts). This type of
design was
>>proposed in Twilight 2000 for the next generation US MBT. I believe
2300AD
>>had a hovertank with this type of remote turret.

The Luki-IX, IIRC.  It's the basis for Jon's Rommel Medium Hover Tank,
SF25-30 or DSM-110.  There was also a Manchurian tank that could elevate
the entire turret by a meter or so, specifically so that the rest of the
tank would not be exposed to fire.

[snip]
>I'm waiting for the Future(TM) where our cloths will all be one-piece
>coveralls, doors will slide into the wall when you walk up to them, and
>miniatures will have little laser pointers built into their weapons so
you
>can determine LOS on the fly.

Personally, I'd like to see remote controlled 1/300 scale tanks rolling
across the field.... <grin>

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net

Prev: EFSB Web Site Updated Next: Re: Elevation/Depression of AFV main arms