Prev: Re: B5 style drives Next: DS II Arty Spotters

Re: B5 style drives

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:27:05 +0100
Subject: Re: B5 style drives

Replying to my own post:

> >>1) How do you handle thrust-1 engines? Are they halved when
> >>damaged, or do they go down completely (as a single thrust-1 engine
> >>does in the published rules)?
> >>
> >>2) Multiple engine modules take more DCP rolls to repair when
they're
> >>damaged.

>>A single drive goes down when it fails a threshold.  You have no
>> thrust.
>
> I was afraid you'd say this :-/

Sorry, I read this as "a single-thrust drive goes down when it fails a
threshold". Important difference, since it reduces the number of cases
where the multi-engined configurations have a lower average thrust
rating	(main or maneuvering) than the single-engined one. The ones
that remain all occur for odd-rated sub-engines.

All in all, this comment still holds true:

>Simply put, given the choice between a reduced risk of losing all my
>thrust in the 2nd threshold and a considerably *in*creased risk of
>having my maneuvering thrust reduced after the *first* threshold, I
>take the former any day.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: B5 style drives Next: DS II Arty Spotters