Prev: Re: [DS2] Yet more firing arcs Next: Dice For Beth

Re: Dice For Beth

From: "Kevin Walker" <sage5@h...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:05:34 -0600
Subject: Re: Dice For Beth

Jon of GZG fame wrote:

> The Warlords, who organise Salute, have been doing some interesting
dice
> variations each year as freebies for attending punters - last year it
was
> the "extreme" D6, numbered 1,1,2,5,6,6 , and this year a D3 (D6 with
> 1,1,2,2,3,3). Fun to have in the dice bag!

Variations like this are nice...    until someone grabs it/them and
starts using it/them like normal d6, failing to realize for a bit that
they're not the usual natured dice expected.

Probably some 12+ years ago, in a game of BattleTech I participated
in, everyone at the table was astounded at the phenomenal luck of one
player.  This individual was rolling mainly 7s and 11s, discovering a
bit later that one of the sets of dice he was using were novelty dice
that were left on the game table by mistake.

Kevin Walker
sage5@home.com

Prev: Re: [DS2] Yet more firing arcs Next: Dice For Beth