Prev: RE: Apology (was: Liberal/Conservative) Next: RE: [DS2] Yet more firing arcs

[DS2] Yet more firing arcs

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 07:07:15 -0500
Subject: [DS2] Yet more firing arcs

Greetings!

In preperation for my planned game in GZG-ECC IV, I ran
into a situation that the rules do not cover (or at
least I was unable to find the appropriate rules).

The area that the battle will take place in has some
rather steep hills. As such, AFVs may end up on the
side of a hill at the end of movement. This, obviously
exposes thier top armor. But the question is -- What
can they target?

What is the maximum elevation for today's AFV main
weapons (not including artillery or Anti-Air)? I do not
have access to a reference such as Jane's at the
moment. My guess would be that it would not extend to
45 degrees. If someone knows the real figures, it would
be appreciated (may send to me off-list to avoid clutter).

What is the maximum depression (de-elevation?) of the
main weapon. Again, I think it unlikely that it would be
much greater than 30 degrees.

And what is the best way to easily apply this to the game?
I had thought about getting a small disk of styrofoam and
cut a cone into the top at the appropriate angle for a
visual aid.

What would be fair numbers for elevation/depression of
AFV main armorment?

Perhaps size would come into play in these calculations?
Class 1s have 90 deg elevation
Class 2s have 60 deg elevation
Class 3+ have 30 deg elevation

Anyway the above is just throwing out ideas for discussion.
Comments appreciated.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ds2/
-----

Prev: RE: Apology (was: Liberal/Conservative) Next: RE: [DS2] Yet more firing arcs