Prev: RE: Dice For Beth Next: Re: Samurai FMA

Re: Combat films

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:20:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Combat films

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:43:16 -0600, bbrush@unlnotes.unl.edu wrote:

>BTW, AEG is releasing a skirmish level game that's compatible with L5R
RPG
>and Clan War, if anyone's interested in skirmish level samurai rules.

The problem I see with this is that for a proper samurai set of rules,
you
need to handle the unique command control and morale effects of the
samurai.
You could use almost any combat system, but it's the command control and
morale that sets it apart. This was why I didn't get into Clan Wars. I
saw
nothing in them that were specifically Japanese in flavour (admittedly,
after
a short perusal). I worry that an AEG samurai skirmish game would just
be
another skirmish game but with Japanese armour and arms.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: RE: Dice For Beth Next: Re: Samurai FMA