Prev: Re: B5 style drives Next: Re: [DS2] While we're on the subject of firing arcs....

Re: paint scheme for a B5 Shadow ship

From: "Scott Jaqua" <jaqua@c...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:46:24 -0800
Subject: Re: paint scheme for a B5 Shadow ship

> I just got a B5 Shadow ship and was wondering how it should be
painted.
> My hazy memory recalls mostly black, but close ups showed a tan color
> with many pulsating black splotches.	If so, would a base tan/brown
color
> with either black wash or black dry brush be the best?  How would you
> add in some luminescence?  Any other ideas for "organic" ships?

The Shadow Cruiser/Carrier, is a very well made mini. It has the least
flash
of any AoG ship produced to date. The surface is textured with a series
of
course nubs. I have assembled and primed four so far. After looking on
www.starshipmodeler.com they appear be gloss black on the scales (for
lack
of a better word) and medium gray between the scales. I have determined
that
I want to paint them in the following fashion. First I primed them with
Armory gray primer. That appears to be the correct gray in addition to
being
a primer coat. I will then dry brush the ships black to raise the scale
pattern. Third I will spray them with clear matte finish. Last I will
add
highlights by dry brushing the ship with clear gloss coat.

Scott Jaqua

Prev: Re: B5 style drives Next: Re: [DS2] While we're on the subject of firing arcs....