Prev: Re: Combat films- more for the list Next: Re: Sorry, no New Anglicans allowed

Re: [FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:48:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks

Laserlight wrote:

>Oerjan and I were discussing an IF vs KV vector battle in light
>of the forthcoming FB2, and Oerjan pointed out a balance issue.
>The KraVak, we all know, tend to have one-arc-only heavy weapons
>plus lots of maneuverability.	This will make them balance human
>fleets in Cinematic mode; but in vector, the KV can always turn
>to face at the end of their move, so a limited firing arc doesn't
really limit >them,

Or at least doesn't limit them nearly as much as it would in Cinematic.

>and the human fleet will get outmaneuvered and obliterated.

To be more accurate I said that the *IF* will get outmaneuvered and
obliterated in Vector, due to their particular choice of hull
configuration and weapon mix.

Other human design styles, eg the NSL and ESU, have done quite OK in
the Vector playtest battles against the KV - Beth is our resident
expert on those, though admittedly she *does* have certain problems
rolling high enough to hit even when her ships are facing the right
direction ;-)

>(Actually, Oerjan said something
>to the effect that he'd take the IF side to face my KV, making
>it pretty much an even fight--thanks, Oerjan :-P  ).

Well, *you* were the one who suggested that you'd need to remove all of
*my* FC systems to make it a fair fight... <G>

>Further, in vector we have a couple of ways to abuse the system.

[description of potential Vector abuses snipped]

As Beth said, "Must resist" <g>

>I am therefore going to enter a suggestion that rotating in
>Vector be limited to the beginning of the move.

Sorry, can't resist <g> Let's say that FB2 is... likely to change the
premises for your suggestion somewhat. I'm afraid you'll have to wait a
few more weeks to learn exactly what those changes are, though ;-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Combat films- more for the list Next: Re: Sorry, no New Anglicans allowed