Prev: Re: Imperium 2000 Next: Re: Full Metal Americas

RE: [FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 23:03:32 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks

At 08:10 PM 3/19/00 -0500, Brian wrote:
>If we are going to play with the vector rules, I would suggest
>that:
>1) Pushes are done away with. A maneuvering thrusters are not
>going to push a ship 1000km in 15 minutes.
>2) Give a ship a number of Maneuver Points and a number of Thrust
>Points.
>3) Cost a turn at 1pt of Maneuver per clockface (facing) turn.
>4) Mass of an engine would be:
>      Mass = (Thrust * .025) + (Maneuver * .025) [round up]
>5) Cost of an engine would be Engine Mass * 2
>6) All Fleetbook 1 ships are considered to have equal maneuver
>and Thrust Rating.

I like (and have used, really) a lot of the above suggestions, but don't
you need to point the FB1 ships so that they have *half* the maneuver
rating of their main drive?

Point #3 is from the original vector rules Jon used (pre-FB1 release),
and
I still prefer it to the "always turn 180" -- though that is at least in
part because I use Space Fleet "we steer like a cow!" starships. <grin>
Besides, this way your maneuver rating will be trimmed along with the
thrust should you fail a threshold check... now, is that because of the
engines, or because something in the hull structure went "boiing!" and
you
don't want to stress it before the DCPs get over there...?

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net

Prev: Re: Imperium 2000 Next: Re: Full Metal Americas