Prev: Re: [SG] Withdrawl from close combat Next: Imperium 2000

Re: Combat films- more for the list

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 21:44:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Combat films- more for the list

I can not allow all these great old movies to pass by without mentioning
"Objective Burma", w/ Erroll Flynn, arguably my favorite of WW2 movies,
and the
one movie around that captures a true special operation in all it's ups
and
downs. Enough so that I make all the prospective candidates that we send
down
to selection every year watch it during our own pre-selection. And they
have to
watch it too, since it's part of the whole sleep deprivation
thing...<EG>.

Los

Robin Paul wrote:

> Another three goodies-
> "A walk in the sun"- follows a US Army infantry company in Sicily-
> resolutely unheroic and pointing out the
>
> "They were not divided"- a British tank squadron followed from basic
> training  to combat in NW Europe (in Shermans)- thoroughly convincing.
>
> "Attack!"- Jack Palance as a worn-out US infantry officer in NW
Europe,