Prev: Samurai FMA Next: Re: Sorry, no New Anglicans allowed

Re: Combat films

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 02:14:59 GMT
Subject: Re: Combat films

In message <qji6ds8tkbmujqis0sk2pt4m2bertpgvel@4ax.com> Allan Goodall
writes:

> Okay, the history in "Braveheart" had problems (the battle of Stirling
Bridge
> with no bridge???) but it's hard to match it for sheer bloodletting.

Is sheer bloodletting alone considered admirable? The battle
scenes in Braveheart have about a zero corelation to everything
I've learned about medieval warfare.

For an excellent (and non-silly) pre-19th century battle scene I'd
recommend Depardieu's "Cyrano de Bergerac". Overall, an excellent
demonstration of how a film can be sentimental without being
awful.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Samurai FMA Next: Re: Sorry, no New Anglicans allowed