Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Government Next: Re: Combat films

Re: Combat films

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 23:16:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Combat films

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:55:40 -0400, adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca wrote:

>And rent Das Boot in the original German (with English subtitles) if
you
>can find that version - I saw it in the theatres when originally
released
>and it blew me away.  More so the German version than the dubbed one.
And
>I recommend avoiding the special edition extendamix version of Das Boot
-
>the extra footage doesn't add anything to the story.

I actually didn't mind the extended edition. Bear in mind, though, that
the
original was a TV mini series in Germany cut for theatrical release.

The current DVD version, which I have, is the extended version, but
gives it
in widescreen with the option of English or German with English
subtitles.
That is worth getting!

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Government Next: Re: Combat films