Prev: Starship Troopers Government Next: Mission To Mars (not really...)

Re: Combat films

From: Ted Arlauskas <ted@n...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:32:18 -0800
Subject: Re: Combat films

>Now, most films don't rate even close to that good. A couple of other
good
>"combat" films were Cross of Iron (you want to see close combat? watch
the
>scenes where Russians are overrunning German positions) and Stalingrad
>(foreign film) gets an honourable mention for its room to room fighting
and
>the depiction of German morale (I've talked with a family friend who
was a
>survivor - 3 men out of his Battalion survived as far as he knew).
All's
>Quiet on the Western Front might also get some sort of nomination.

Okay, so "Stalingrad"'s not that great?  I was thinking about doing a
Wargamer Movie Night" with some of my friends.	Sorry to ask, but what's
"Cross of Iron" about?

-Ted

      ted@naxera.com	    |  Visit the LA Palm User Group Home Page
 http://www.naxera.com/ted  |	    http://www.naxera.com/lapug

    Ground Zero Games West Coast Convention - October 6 to 8, 2000
		http://www.naxera.com/ted/gzgwcc.html

Prev: Starship Troopers Government Next: Mission To Mars (not really...)